Hannah's House offers Professional Visitation Monitor Training courses for individuals seeking to become private visitation monitors. This is a forty (40) hour course.
NOTE: Family code 3200 & 3200.5, Standard 5.20 (Uniform standards of practice for providers of supervised visitation) requires 24 hour training for professional providers of supervised visitation.
The class is scheduled for both class time and shadowing time (shadowing our staff offering supervised visitation/safe exchange services). The Training takes place at OUR Hannah's House location.
CLASS TIME: 23 hours - divided between 3 days
- Class scheduled:
- Week 1: Tuesday (11am-8pm)
- Week 2: Tuesday (11am-8pm); Wednesday (8am-4pm)
- Students are given 1-1.5 hour breaks
- The class will cover: law for providers and visitation, normal practices, examples, and hands on activities.
- A Final Test will be give on the last day of class.
SHADOWING TIME: 17 hours
- After the class time, you will be asked to sign up for shadowing time (from pre-determined list of dates and times). You will come in on scheduled dates and times and will be assigned to shadow a staff member.
- NOTE: Sometimes clients might refuse to have a shadower. If this occurs, you will be reassigned to a different case, or will be asked to leave and we can reschedule the hours.
- Once the shadowing time is complete, a Certificate of Completion will be mailed to the address provided.
- NOTE: It is each person's responsibility to get on the Professional Providers-Visitation Monitors Court Resource List.
COST ($800 total):
- Payment MUST be received BEFORE the start of the class. It can be paid right before the start of the first class.
- If full payment is not received at start of class, you will be unable to attend the class.
- Payment may be made with CREDIT CARD (via: in person, over phone, or online-home page), CASH, MONEY ORDER, or CHECK (note: if a check bounces, you will be required to pay any fees associated for the bounced check).
- Cost includes: class time, shadowing time, and materials
- NON-REFUNDABLE: ONCE PAYMENT IS RECEIVED AND THE CLASS HAS STARTED, THE PAYMENT IS NON-REFUNDABLE.
NEXT 3-Day CLASS:
- June 20: 11:00am - 8:00pm
- June 27: 11:00am - 8:00pm
- June 28: 8:00am-4:00pm
INTERESTED? QUESTIONS? CONCERNS?