Hannah's House offers Professional Visitation Monitor Training Courses & Other Services through its Monitor Assist Program (MAP)
NOTE: Family code 3200 & 3200.5, Standard 5.20 (Uniform standards of practice for providers of supervised visitation) requires 24 hour training for professional providers of supervised visitation.
Professional Visitation Monitor Training - IN PERSON (see below)
Professional Visitation Monitor Training - IN PERSON without shadowing time (See below)
Shadow Training Only (SEE BLOW)
Professional Visitation Monitor Training - IN PERSON
The class is scheduled for both class time and shadowing time (shadowing our staff offering supervised visitation/safe exchange services). The Training takes place at OUR Hannah's House location.
CLASS TIME: 24 hours - divided between 3 days
- Class scheduled:
- Week 1: Tuesday (11am-8pm)
- Week 2: Tuesday (11am-8pm); Wednesday (8am-5pm)
- Students are given 1 hour lunch breaks
- The class will cover: law for providers and visitation, normal practices, examples, and hands on activities.
- A Final Test will be give on the last day of class.
SHADOWING TIME: 16 hours
- After the class time, you will be asked to sign up for shadowing time (from pre-determined list of dates and times). You will come in on scheduled dates and times and will be assigned to shadow a staff member.
- NOTE: Sometimes clients might refuse to have a shadower. If this occurs, you will be reassigned to a different case, or will be asked to leave and we can reschedule the hours.
- Once the shadowing time is complete, a Certificate of Completion will be mailed to the address provided.
- NOTE: It is each person's responsibility to get on the Professional Providers-Visitation Monitors Court Resource List.
$800 TOTAL - Class & Shadowing Time
$500 - CLASS only (without Shadowing Time)
- Payment MUST be received when registering for the course - online (home page under Make Payment)
- In order for the course to take place, there is a required 4 person attendance. If there are not 4 people registered a week before the course, and you have paid your registration, you will be refunded the full fee. The course will be CANCELED and RESCHEDULED.
- Payment may be made with CREDIT CARD (via: in person, over phone, or online-home page), CASH, MONEY ORDER, or CHECK (note: if a check bounces, you will be required to pay any fees associated for the bounced check).
- Cost includes: class time, shadowing time, and materials
- NON-REFUNDABLE: ONCE PAYMENT IS RECEIVED AND THE CLASS HAS STARTED, THE PAYMENT IS NON-REFUNDABLE.
NEXT 3-Day in-person CLASS:
July 3, 2018: 11:00am - 8:00pm
July 10, 2018: 11:00am - 8:00pm
July 11, 2018: 8:00am - 5:00pm