How Can Parents Support Elementary Age Children With a Shared Parenting Schedule?
Parents can help their elementary school age children by:
• Establishing and following a predictable visitation routine.
• Avoiding criticism about the other parent and others in the home.
• Encouraging and assisting in phone and letter contact with the other parent.
• Informing teachers of any stress the child is experiencing and getting help for school-related problems.
• Encouraging and assisting the child to maintain contact with school, friends, and extracurricular and community activities.