How Can Parents Support Infants and Toddlers With a Shared Parenting Schedule?
Parents can help their infants and toddlers by:
• Establishing a consistent, predictable, and routine visitation schedule.
• Interacting with the child in a location where the child feels secure and comfortable.
• Gradually increasing the duration of visitation.
• Moving to overnight and extended visitation only when the child is able to make a smooth transition between parental homes.
• Sending along personal objects, such as blankets, stuffed animals, and photos of the parent.